Imagine walking into a flight school and noticing the majority of students and instructors are male. Now imagine walking into that flight school as a fellow male student ready to meet your instructor, then you see a woman that is a five foot four blonde, what do you think your first thought would be. Mine would definately be that is MY instructor??? When you think flight instructor you think male, there's no doubt about it.
This is the image that I am now fighting. I will soon be assigned my students and I know what their reaction will be, and it is not comforting knowing what each will be thinking. Is she really a pilot? There's no way she will teach me the right way? Does she even know how to fly? I want a new instructor.
I know that no matter what I do not need to prove to anyone that I am a good flight instructor. I have the license and thats all that matters. I have the training. I have the knowledge. No one can doubt me or my skills. This will definately be a hard image to fight, but I am armed and ready for the battle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, that is awesome! Show them what you've got !
ReplyDeleteI think you have the determination and strengh to be a great instructor. You definalty have the confidence and self esteem to be a great instructor. I am sure after they get to know you and and you show what you are made of they will respect you and warm up to you. Keep your head up!
ReplyDeleteQuite a situation for you!
ReplyDeleteThis is a GREAT blog topic, by the way.
I started teaching high school when I was 20...imagine the 18/19 year olds!
notes
thats SB: that's
can: SB should, need [of course they CAN doubt]