Sunday, March 15, 2009

Air Race Classic

Each year women pilots trek around the country and no, not on foot, no, not by car, yes, by plane. Two or three women hop into their small airplane and join many other women from around the country on a three day adventure. I have always wanted to take part in this and this year I am truly making an effort. My boss has put me to work looking at all the figures and how much it would cost to send two girl on this expedition. It would be me an one of the students at the Training Center. Unfortunately BSC will not allow us to take one of the College airplane's thus leaving us to join another team of women. I really wish the college would let us take the airplane. It would truly be an amazing experience and beneficial not only to the pilot but the college. This would be major advertising to the college, flying across the country in a plane with our logo in it would bring A LOT of women pilots our way.

It would be a 10 day expedition and a whole lot of fun. Whether I am able to take one of the college's planes or join a team I would be ecstatic to engage in such an experience. The Women's Air Race Classic 2009 starts in Denver, CO then stops at Liberal, KS, Sweetwater, TX, Lufkin, TX, Russellville, AR, Grenada, MS, Sparta, TN, Jacksonville, IL, Racine, WI, and finally comes to a close at Atlantic, IA. The women must travel to all the cities and finish within three days. This could be an amazing experience for me and one of the BSC Aviation women students and I truly hope it is approved by BSC. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I think that would be an amazing experience, I hope you get the opportunity to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fingers and soome toes are crossed. WOW!
    Notes:
    two girl [s]

    be me an [d] one of

    College airplane's [incorrect possessive]

    beneficial not only to the pilot but [comma]

    CO then [comma]

    ReplyDelete